Monday, January 28, 2008

BUUURRRRRR!!!!!JANUARY BUUUUURRRRR!!!!

Happy New year! I have not blogged in a very long time. Life has just been busy around here.
We had a great xmas, with family and friends, and we had a lovely trip to Saskatoon for new years where we spent some great time with my side of the family and we had a fancy new yeas eve at Samurai restaurant~ yummy food~.
January has been busy, we have all had our first cold of the winter I hate being sick. We have been busy getting back into the groove of things.
The biggest news is that is so very cold. the current temp is -31 and with the windchill is -42 degrees Celsius. The weather reports say that this cold front will last for about 5 days.....All I can say is burrrrrr its so cold. My friends Jolene and Trina just came back from Sunny Mexico....I feel for them. I wish i was in Mexico right now LOL
Even though is only January, we have been busy busy!!
Wesley went on a cadet camping trip this month. Ethan is preparing to test for orange belt in Karate next weekend. Noah is having a birthday party this Friday, I can't believe he is going to be 7. Luke he is doing great, he can spell his name, and he can spell OUT and IN. He is registered for Kinder garden this fall. I did a little joy dance , but I also had tears in my eyes. We also have a mardi gras dance at the St Luke, and on the same night there is a pop and tot night at Luke's preschool.
Neil is enjoying his job in a new group.
I am still trying to scrapbook as much as can Still volunteering at the boys school. My spa Lady membership expired, so I got new membership at the World Health Club, and got my self a personal trainer. My goal is to be able to run a 1/2 marathon in 2009. Justin my personal trainer is great, and he works me hard. My goal is to tone and lose some inches, if I can lose some weight than so be it. My goal is to work out 5 times a week, and so far so good.
January had been so mild till the last few days, and even though is cold life still goes on. I just hope February is not as cold, because we do know that it will be busy as it always is in a house with 4 boys on the go=0).

3 comments:

TammyB said...

I'm shivering just reading about the temps you are having! EEK! Move south woman =)

Ann Marie said...

Go you with the personal trainer, that sounds awesome!

I can't imagine that cold! I got home tonight and told T that I would never be warm--it had been 2 hours since I had felt my toes. (Bus was late, and I was in the wind for 1/2 an hour, and it felt like there was no heat on the bus...) Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Sashafras said...

Good luck training for the half marathon!